Seitan (Wheat Gluten)
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion, white or red medium size ~6.35cm diameter
1 tbsp Olive Oil (optional: save ~30 calories per serving)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 vegetable broth cube
4 tbsp of chickpea flour
1 cup of warm water
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and mix them. Feel free to add any spice of your choice, just make sure they are low calorie!
2. Dissolve the vegetable cube broth in the cup of warm water and add to the dry mix.
3. Mix with a spoon until it has a dough consistency and kneed it with your hands. Adding a little bit more water will make the seitan roll fluffier after cooking them
4. Divide the mix into 2 parts and wrap each one of them in aluminium foil. In a roll-like shape long enough to fit in your pot.
5. The best way would be to cook them on a steamer, but if you don't have one you can put them in a pot with boiling water like if you would with pasta. Let it steam (or boil) for 50 minutes in low-medium heat (You have to see the bubbles of the boiling)
6. Cut the rolls into finger width longitudinal or latitudinal slices and they are ready to eat. You can also mince them in a food processor or cut them by hand in small pieces to use it in a bolognese style sauce.high proteinlow sugarlow carbvegansaturated fat freelow fat